Saturday, January 15, 2011

And We're Off!


Well, the plan was to write a nice reflective entry about my 6-month mark in China (I got into Beijing on July 15th), but as I plan to walk out my door in 45 minutes that's not going to happen. Oh well. Instead, I leave you with this picture of my bags for the next six weeks on the road. If all goes according to plan, I will get on my first sleeper bus in three hours, arrive in Kunming early tomorrow morning, meet up with my travel buddies, chill for a day, and embark for Thailand!

I can't post a proper itinerary because I don't really have one. Basically, we'll planning on being in Bangkok for a couple days and hitting up beaches for a bit. Then, three of us five will head back up to Bangkok to meet up with family/friends while Kristin and I hang out down south a little longer, go to Angkor Wat, and then make our way back up to Chiang Mai. On February 11th, the two of us have a flight to Hong Kong where we'll meet up with Mark and Hallie and who knows who else? On February 23rd, we have to be in Kunming for training. Whether we will get there by plane, train, or bus is TBD.

For now, there's dinner to eat, a kitchen to clean, things to unplug, computers to lock in drawers, and a night bus to catch.

1 comment:

  1. I am very impressed with the packing! Have a fantastic adventure!

    ReplyDelete